Greenwood EstateHailsham - South East
About this listing
Situated in a superb rustic setting near the vibrant and historic market town of Hailsham, is Greenwood Estate. It is the perfect Grade II listed venue for any celebratory event. Surrounded by miles of unspoilt East Sussex countryside, this stunning house has been modernised over the years while still maintaining its old charm. Sleeping up to 63 guests, you will enjoy a great deal of space and privacy. Therefore making this home away from home ideal for anything from a large family get-together, wedding, hen/stag party, to even a corporate retreat. Since this lovely manor house wedding venue near Brighton comes with private gardens and lawns. There is also plenty of room for a marquee.
This house also comes with a wedding licence in one of the dining rooms, as well as a wedding gazebo in the Column Garden. If you’re having a big celebration, take full advantage of the new outdoor area designated for events called “The Space”. Additionally, you will be delightful to find a wide range of entertainment facilities to keep you occupied in your free time, including an exotic heated indoor pool. Explore the Estate and return to the warmth of the oil-fired central heated houses. We can arrange cooking, nanny, and cleaning help if you put in a request beforehand! This way you can really have a relaxing weekend! During your stay, you can choose from the homegrown fruits and veggies as ingredients to prepare your dishes!
This events venue near Eastbourne comprises 6 different houses: Greenwood Manor, Greenwood Wing, Greenwood Mounts View, Greenwood Oast House, Greenwood Tudor View, and Greenwood Cottage, each coming with its own individual characteristics while still complementing each other.
This vintage manor house can comfortably accommodate 20 guests in 8 bedrooms. It will take you back in time with its retained period and original features. This historic venue can be accessed through an old brick path guarded by yews which will lead you to the picturesque porch. From here, you can access the oak-panelled hall featuring an awe-inspiring 16th-century fireplace. Spread across 3 floors, this house also features oak beam ceilings, panelled rooms, and a variety of beautiful furniture pieces and interesting pictures. No matter the time of the year you are visiting, the oil-fired central heating will make sure you are warm and cosy. Greenwood Manor has entertainment facilities to keep the whole family entertained all throughout. In the mornings, you can take a stroll through the private gardens with a huge lawn ending in enormous yew topiary ducks.
This venue hire in East Sussex consists of:
- 8 bedrooms (3 doubles, 4 single, 4-poster bed, folding z bed, 3 divans, and 4 twin rooms)
- A fully-equipped 16th century Aga kitchen with original brick floors, oak beams, and an open fireplace to keep you toasty in the winters. Since it has its own entrance, guests can access the gardens from here.
- A wood-panelled dining room with polished wooden flooring and cosy fireplace. This space accommodates 12 guests which can be extended to 26.
- Comfortable TV room, as well as a kitchen annex for preparing food and washing up
- 4 bathrooms, one of which is disabled friendly and ramps can be requested
- Super fun Games room with table tennis, table football, and badminton rackets for the little ones and those young at heart
- There are 2-3 cots and high chairs if you are visiting with infants
- If you feel like dancing, there is an iPod Bluetooth Dock and speaker set installed, so you can turn on your favourite tracks
Attached to the manor, Greenwood Wing is an elegant self-contained Edwardian Wing for 6 guests. Originally created in 1911, it used to be a drawing room and library for the Wing. However, it has been a self-contained apartment for many years. This house is particularly ideal for families thanks to the configuration of the interconnecting rooms, below walls, domed ceilings, parquet floors and diamond panelled windows.
This manor house wedding venue near Brighton consists of:
- 2 bedrooms (double divan, and double bed) and two divans
- Living area with large fireplace with wood-burning stoves, cosy sofas and armchairs and access to private gardens
- Small fully-equipped kitchen ideal for preparing family meals
- Alcove dining area with table for 6 extendable to 12
- One bathroom and toilet
Greenwood Mounts View
Now an extended, fully modernised one-storey house, Greenwood Mounts View was originally a cowshed. This house sleeps 12 guests in 5 uniquely styled bedrooms. The large L-shaped sitting room with comfy sofas and armchairs is the perfect space for the group to come together. It features a chimney-piece and open fire perfect to gather around with a hot chocolate or glass of wine. There is also a fully-equipped kitchen where the chefs in the group can prepare their favourite meals. Follow this with a dinner in the dining alcove for up to 12 guests. There is a further breakfast alcove that can seat 6 guests. There are 3 bathrooms, one of which is wheelchair-friendly. As you step on the terrace, you will fall in love with the views of the countryside beyond.
This events venue near Eastbourne consists of:
- 5 bedrooms (2 doubles, 3 single) in addition to a pull-out bed, and 2 comfortable z beds
- A private cedar wood all-weather barrel sauna, which seats up to 6 people sauna with garden views perfect for relaxing
- Terrace overlooking private gardens perfect for a breakfast or brunch
Greenwood Oast House
Greenwood Oast House for 12 guests is an old charming double tower Oast. It is perfect for guests that fancy a unique atmosphere. With stunning views of the South Downs, the Oast House was originally built in the 19th century for dying hops for the brewing trade and was made a summer house around 1911.
This East Sussex venue hire consists of:
- 4 bedrooms (4-poster bed, double bed, 5 singles, divan)
- 2 downstairs reception rooms – one of which is a round TV sitting room with parquet flooring, an open fireplace, comfortable furniture, and door that leads to a patio terrace and garden and the other is a dining room for 20 guests that also comes with a settee that opens into a 4ft double bed.
- Spacious airy fully-equipped kitchen with oak table for 12 and doors leading to a BBQ area.
- Arctic Spa Bath in the garden that seats 4-6 guests with a constantly maintained temperature of 35 degrees which is always ready for use.
Greenwood Tudor View
This large self-contained cottage-type bungalow is the cosiest house on the estate. The glass windows make sure it is always warm and well-lit. You will also enjoy peaceful views of the manor house and the Essex countryside.
This house consists of:
- 2 bedrooms (double, single sofa bed, 2 singles, single Z bed, and a bed settee).
- TV sitting room with sofa bed, sofas, armchairs and cosy fireplace
- Comfy fully-equipped kitchen with dining area for 6 guests
- 1 bathroom + toilet at the end of the house
The Estate features another self-contained country cottage, Greenwood Cottage. Greenwood Cottage sleeps 5 guests in 2 bedrooms. Each bedroom is comfortably furnished with a fully-fenced garden making it ideal for children and dogs.
This house consists of:
- 1 sitting room with open fireplace
- A well-equipped kitchen that opens up into a garden as well as a dining room
- Fully fenced garden
Whether you’re spending quality time with your loved ones or celebrating a special occasion, Greenwood Estate is bound to have something for everyone. While you will be cosy at all times in the comfort of the many houses, there’s plenty to explore within the Estate itself. Take a stroll through the greenery to find the exotic indoor heated swimming pool which is a treat for both the kids and the adults. Furthermore, there are 2 Jacuzzis and saunas for relaxing as well. You will find an iPod Bluetooth dock and speaker system installed in every one of the houses so you can also dance the night away with your loved ones. For children, there are plenty of puzzles, games, and board games available. Feel free to start a badminton or tennis tournament. In case you need to do some work at Greenwood Estate, there is fast WiFi all throughout the houses.
The best part about having your wedding at this manor house wedding venue near Brighton is having exclusive use of a little world to yourselves and your guests. Being in the midst of greenery and the serene countryside just 50 miles from London provides you with the ideal spot to celebrate your big day. This lovely historic events venue near Eastbourne offers a wedding licence and therefore enables to have your main ceremony in the lawns of the estate. This way, you can prepare for the big day in the company of those you love, have the ceremony followed by a fantastic reception within the estate. The next day, how about a nice wedding breakfast to relive the memories from the evening before?
Another great part about celebrating your wedding at Greenwood Estate is being able to decorate the way you like and create your own style and atmosphere for your big day. You can also organise your own live music, DJ, or disco until midnight. You are free to have an outdoor party for 150 people in the Column wedding gazebo which has a wedding licence or the Ducks lawn which can accommodate 180 people. 63 of your guests can also stay overnight with you. This East Sussex venue hire also welcomes guests with mobility issues as ramps can be arranged and there are a number of wheelchair-accessible bedrooms and bathrooms. Furthermore, dogs are welcome except in the manor house. So you can bring your furry best friends to your special day!
If you feel like leaving Greenwood Estate to explore the local area in your free time, you will surely not be disappointed. If you enjoy walking, the South Down Ways is a fantastic trail and a long-distance footpath and bridleway. You will also come across nice chalk cliffs and the sea behind it. Expect some hill climbing and descending during this trail. The Cuckoo Trail is another nice one through the woodlands. You will find plenty of walking and cycling routes just near Greenwood Estate. For the adrenaline junkies, there are places to go hang gliding and paragliding. You can also visit local nature reserves, or go horse riding. Even though you have your own private pool, there are a few beaches in the area if you fancy a tan and the sound of the waves. Visit the beaches at Newhaven, Seaford, Cuckmere Haven, Eastbourne and Pevensey Bay.
For golf lovers, there are several golf clubs in the area. If you feel like some wine, The English Wine Centre is nearby and you can taste and buy some fantastic wine. The kids will love the Knockhatch Adventure Park which features plenty of activities.
Search more Exclusive Use venues now!
- Guests: 63
- Bedrooms: 22
- Beds: 49
- Bathrooms: 12
- Type: Estate
- Games Room
- Hot Tub
- Indoor Swimming Pool
- Marquee Hire
- Table Tennis
- Wedding Licence
- Wedding Receptions
- Active Life
Virgin Active (35.63 mi)
Neilson Active Holidays (14.61 mi)
Ardingly Activity Centre (17.15 mi)
- Arts & Entertainment
Artymiss (2.74 mi)
Pumpkin Patch (2.86 mi)
The Old Loom Mill (4.18 mi)
the village shop (1.45 mi)
Hawkswood Fish & Chips (2.28 mi)
Diplocks Cafe (2.65 mi)
- Allow additional guests: No